Growing up, you thought your local dentist’s only provided services were teeth removal, cleaning, cosmetic filling, and bracing. Have you considered that maybe more dental services are readily available, but your dentist never mentioned it to you before? If your teeth are damaged, and the previously discussed services couldn’t repair them efficiently, or you don’t intend to select tooth extraction at that point, feel free to keep reading as we list down more dental services that will help you attain that perfect set of teeth.
Replacement of Missing Teeth
- Dentures – regardless of age, partial or full dentures are for everyone. It is not something to be hung up on just because it’s frequently related to older folks. Dentures are one of the most procurable and cheapest dental options for teeth replacement. Do note that it might require time to get used to its removable use as it hinges on your gums. The dentist will take a mold of your teeth and, by using this impression, will they construct artificial teeth that will resemble the real ones.
- Dental Implant – unlike dentures, this procedure will be undetachable and permanent. Your certified dentist will surgically implant a metal screw into your jawbone. However, it might take months for the bone tissues to fuse with the implant. After it does, they will fit a crown onto the screw, and your teeth will be just as good as new.
- Bridges – this is one of the fastest and most straightforward means to replace a missing tooth. They will fit an artificial tooth into the gap before anchoring it to the nearest teeth on its sides. Bridges can be more comfortable than dentures.
Restoration of Chipped Teeth
- Bonding – this is one of the most affordable and fastest methods to deal with minimal chips on your teeth. To make your teeth look undamaged, your dentist will use a composite resin and mold it on your affected tooth by shaping the resin to make it look smooth and even.
- Veneer – this is a longer-lasting alternative besides bonding. A veneer can be your following alternative if the chip is more extensive and prevalent. Make sure that the rear of your teeth is still there so that they can build the veneer over the remaining healthy teeth to cover the front tooth, giving it a smooth and natural result.
- Dental Crowns – might be similar to veneer as they both use porcelains, but crowns envelop the entire tooth. If only a tiny part of the tooth remains and you don’t want to do dental extraction, crowns are the best solution if the remaining tooth is still healthy and the nerves undamaged.
Remedies of Uneven Teeth
- Invisalign – in this therapy, you will use a clear plastic brace rather than metal braces. You can remove the brace if you want but see to it that you follow your dentist’s plan on how long you should wear it. Invisible braces in Southampton are now available. The outcome is even the same as the traditional braces for correcting the alignment of teeth.
Smile Without Worries
Knowing the dental services accessible in your local dentistry opens new possibilities for your dental plans. Depending on how severe or far gone the damages on your teeth are, remember this list of dental services, and you will bid farewell to awkward smiles.